Loreen, the 2012 Eurovision winner, will release a new track this Friday on 14th August. The single entitled ‘I’m In It With You’ is a mid-tempo dance song which builds on the Swedish singer’s already impressive back catalogue which includes the dance floor filler ‘Euphoria’, as well as ‘We Got the Power’ and ‘My Heart is Refusing Me’. This will be the second single to come from her second album ‘Paperlights’ and follows the success of ‘Paperlight (Higher)’ which she debuted on one of the live shows of Melodifestivalen in March of this year.
Listen to the track below and let us know what you think of it!
Loreen Day is almost over, but before we wrap things up for the day we want to set forth a case for you to vote for Loreen and her winning Eurovision song “Euphoria” as the best Eurovision Song Ever in our poll.
Loreen’s fans have been waiting three long years for a follow up album to the 2012 best selling “Heal”. It recently emerged that fans long wait was over when Loreen announced a new album could be expected later in 2015. The name of the much anticipated album would be “Paper Lights”.
1. Earlier in the week Maraaya’s official video for their Eurovision song ‘Here For You’ was released. Have a look at the video here.
2. This week Eurovision fans were saddened to hear of the death of former winner Jorgen Ingmann. The 89 year old singer won the contest back in 1963 with his song “Dansevise” (Dance Ballad) for Denmark.
We got very excited at the news of new material from Loreen. Following a performance of new single ‘Paperlight’ on one of the Melodifestivalen heats a few weeks ago our excitement grew even further. This week saw Loreen release this song as her first single from the album. Watch Loreen perform the lead single from the album below and let us know what you think. Are you excited for the full release?
This week was another action packed week with many of the countries taking part in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest finalising their acts and songs for Vienna in May. Majority of the songs have now been revealed, but let’s take a look back on the things we learned this week.
Guy Sebastian is Australia’s choice
1. Australia will make their debut at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest, but it was revealed this week that their first ever representative would be former Australian Idol and R n B singer Guy Sebastian. In a press conference this week he stated that the song choice would be revealed in due course, but it could be a song that featured on his latest album, as it was written within the Eurovision deadline.
2. Controversy was rife when the German selection process crowned Andreas Kummert as the winner of the live final this week, only for the singer to turn down the chance to represent his country at Eurovision with song ‘Heart of Stone’
3. Instead it would be runner up