Alexander Rybak returns to Eurovision for Norway in 2018. Find out more about the singer with 10 Things About…Alexander Rybak!
It’s three months on from the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, and we thought it was the perfect time to update you on what the class of 2016 have been up to since competing in Stockholm in May. Many artists use the opportunity of performing at Eurovision to launch a career, engage with new audiences and avail of all opportunities afforded to them. 2016’s representatives are no different with some of the acts having already released follow up singles to their Eurovision songs. Read on to find out who has released what and listen to their new songs!
In this new feature we catch up with the acts from Eurovision 2015 and find out what they’ve been up to in the five months since Eurovision 2015 was staged in Vienna.
1. Sanna Viktoria Nielsen was born on 27 November 1984 in the small village of Edenryd in Sweden’s southern reigon of Skåne.
2. Nielsen represented her country at Eurovision in 2014 with her power ballad ‘Undo’ but did you know that this was her seventh competing in the Swedish national selection process Melodifestivalen? Previous songs she tried out with included ‘I’m in Love’ which came fourth in 2011, ‘Empty Room’ which was second in 2008, Vågar du, vågar jag’ which was seventh in 2007, 2005’s ‘Du och jag mot världen’ which came in eighth place, ‘Hela världen för mig’ coming fifth in 2003 and her first attempt was in 2001 with ‘I går, i dag’ which came third.
2. Rybak sprung to international fame when he represented Norway in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with his infectious hit song ‘Fairytale’. He won the contest but did you know that with
Hungary’s 2013 Eurovision contestant ByeAlex is quite possibly the most hipster entry we have ever seen. Here are just some of the occasions when he’s proven that he deserves the title.
1.Those hipster specs, that cap, that beard.
1. Thomas “Tom” Neuwirth (6 November 1988) was born in Gmunden, Austria and is better known to us by his drag stage persona Conchita Wurst. He has adopted the name “Conchita” from a Cuban friend of his. In an interview he also explained that ‘Conchita’ is Spanish slang for vagina and ‘Wurst’ is German slang for penis.
2. Neuwirth is no stranger to a reality TV shows having started his singing career on season 3 of talent show Starmania in 2006/7
After unexplainably missing out to Azerbaijan in 2011’s contest with his song ‘Popular’, Eric Saade has been highly successful in his home country of Sweden. He has released a whopping four albums in as many years, proving Saade to be a pop song factory. His hits stay true to his boy band past and include the catchy ‘Sleepless’, ‘