Nevena Bozovic will represent Serbia at Eurovision 2019. Find out more about her with our 10 Things About…Nevena Bozovic!
1. Nevena Božović was born on 15 June 1994 in Mitrovica, Kosovo and is a Serbian singer-songwriter.
2. Nevena was attended school in Kosovska Mitrovica and went on to study music at the University of Arts in Belgrade.
3. She got her big break when she participated in ‘Izbor za dečju pesmu Evrovizije’, Serbia’s national selection for Junior Eurovision in 2007. Her song ‘Piši mi’ was selected to represent Serbia at the contest in the Netherlands. She placed third with 120 points, making it Serbia’s best result in the Contest.
4. In 2009, after a small break from music, she decided to take part in the Montenegrin singing competition and Festival ‘Sunčane skale’. She participated with the song ‘Ti’ but the winning song that year was ‘Rum dum dum’ a collaborative effort between two time Eurovision singer for Macedonia Kaliopi along with Naum Petreski.
5. Nevena gained further attention when she competed in the Serbian version of the Voice called ‘Prvi glas Srbije’ in 2013. After three months of live shows, battles and challenges, Nevena qualified for the final, where she ranked second after Mirna Radulović.
6. The following year, Nevena teamed up with her fellow Prvi glas Srbije finalists Mirna Radulović and Sara Jovanović to form the girl band Moje 3.
7. The group were selected to represent Serbia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013. Their song ‘Ljubav je svuda’ narrowly missed out on reaching the final when it finished eleventh, just six points off the qualifying score.
8. Nevena was the first ever artist to ever compete in both the adult and Junior Eurovision Song Contests as a main performer.
9. Moje3 disbanded after Eurovision and since then Nevena has been focusing on her solo efforts. Her discography over the years ‘Pogledaj me’, ‘Čujem da dolaziš u grad’, ‘Siesta’ ‘Jasno mi je’ (winner of the Alternative/Electropop Song of the Year at the MAC awards), ‘Dangerous drug’ and ‘What I’m Looking For’.
10. In 2019 Nevena became one of the 24 artists announced as competing in the 2019 edition of Beovizija, the contest that decides Serbia’s Eurovision artist and song. She competed with the song ‘Kruna’ and made it through the semi final to the final where she won with 20 points out of a possible 24. She beat the likes of Dženan Lončarević, Sashka Janx and Nataša & Una.