This year’s Eurovision Song Contest representative from Georgia is Oto Nemsadze. Find out more about the singer with our 10 Things About…Oto Nemsadze!
1. Oto Nemsadze was born on 18 June 1989 in Gori, a city located in the eastern part of Georgia.
2. At the age of 3, his mother Maia started to teach him how to sing.
3. Oto is best known for winning the fifth season of ‘Geostar’ in 2010, he received the most points from the Georgian audience to be crowned the winner.
4. In 2012 Oto was a contestant in the international music contest 10+10, broadcast by Georgian public broadcaster GPB.
5. A year later he released his first album called ‘Fiqrebis Zgva’. He performed his first solo concert in Tbilisi and won the Bravo Music Contest.
6. In 2014, Oto moved across the Georgian border to participate in another TV singing competition ‘The Voice of Ukraine’. He impressed the judges in the Blind Auditions round and joined the team of Sviatoslav Vakarchuk. He made it through the battle rounds and reached the final. He finished in second place, behind Anna Khodorovska.
7. He entered another TV singing show in 2016. He joined the cast of ‘Your Face Sounds Familiar’. Among other songs, the singer dragged up to sing Cher’s hit ‘Strong Enough’. He finished second overall.
8. in 2018, Oto performed at the Lviv Arena in Ukraine as support for the rock band Okean Elzy.
9. At the end of 2018, Oto entered yet another singing competition. He won the eighth season of Georgian Idol in January 2019 and as a result automatically became Georgia’s representative in the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest as part of his prize. He will sing the song ‘Sul tsin iare’.
10. Oto is currently working on his second album.