Victor Crone is the choice that Estonia have gone with for Eurovision 2019. Find out more about the singer with 10 Things About…Victor Crone!
1. Victor Fritz-Crone was born on 31 January 1992 and is a Swedish singer. He also known sometimes goes by the stage name Vic Heart, but is generally known as Victor Crone.
2. Victor was born and raised in Österåker in Sweden to a musical family. His grandmother is a singer and his grandfather is a violinist. Victor started playing guitar and writing songs at the age of 15.
3. When he was 18 he moved to Los Angeles and Nashville to write songs with acclaimed artists such as Diane Warren, Desmond Child and Eric Bazilian. He performed in some international music conference centers of Los Angeles and he also released a song ‘Jimmy Dean’ under his name Vic Heart.
4. In 2015, Victor released his debut single ‘Burning Man’.
5. Victor has previously participated in the Swedish Eurovision selection show Melodifestivalen. In 2015 he featured on the Behrang Miri song ‘Det rår vi inte för’. However the song failed to qualify from the Andra Chansen round, losing to Samir & Viktor in the battle.
6. In 2016 Victor met Stig Rästa (Eurovision 2015 representative for Estonia) during a songwriting trip to Stockholm. The two instantly hit it off and shortly afterwards, Stig invited Victor to Estonia and they have been working together ever since.
7. In 2017 Victor had a big hit alongside Swedish-Norwegian duo Tungevaag & Raaban with the song ‘Coming Up’. The song has been streamed over 18 million times on Spotify.
8. ‘Storm’ was created during one of Victor’s visits to Estonia. The verses came first, but it was many months before the right chorus was crafted for the song. The song was completed just as Eesti Laul, the submission for Estonia’s Eurovision Selection, opened, and it was at Stig and the rest of the songwriting team’s suggestion that the song was entered into the competition.
9. In 2019, Victor was announced as one of the artists competing in Eesti Laul 2019. His song ‘Storm’ proved popular with the voting public. He received 12 points from the televote, but only 2 points from the jury. This however secured him a place in the top three and when the lines opened again for the public to decide the winner, he was victorious with 46% of the vote.
10. When he is not performing, Victor likes to play tennis and ice hockey and has recently been able to practice with current and former members of the Estonian National Ice Hockey team. He also loves to sail around the Stockholm archipelago in his motorboat, playing the classic game Counter-Strike and always makes sure to find the time to meditate twice a day.