The first eight of sixteen artists tonight competed in the first of the semi finals for Portugal’s Festival da Cancao, their selection show for Eurovision 2019.
Only four of the eight songs could advance to the Final which will be held on 3 March and which will be hosted by Eurovision 2018 co-host Filomena Cautela and RTP host Vasco Palmeirim. The qualifiers will be determined by a 50/50 combination of votes from jury members (made up of music professionals) and a public televote. The first for qualifiers were Matay, Conan Osiris, Calema and Ana Claudia.
SEMI FINAL 1 Results (16 Feb)
- Matay- ‘Perfeito’ (22 points)
- Conan Osíris- ‘Telemóveis’ (19 points)
- Calema- ‘A Dois’ (18 points)
- Ana Cláudia- ‘Inércia’ (13 points)
- João Campos- ‘É o que é’ (13 points)
- Ela Limão- ‘Mais brilhante que mil sóis’ (11 points)
- Filipe Keil- ‘Hoje’ (8 points)
- Soraia Tavares- ‘O meu sonho’ (6 points)