Romania’s Eurovision selection came to a head tonight when TVR aired the final of Selectia Nationala. There were 12 acts in the final but only one could be victorious.
Ester Peony topped the leaderboard once the jury and public votes had been tallied and she will represent Romania at Eurovision 2019 with ‘On a Sunday’. Finishing in second place was Laura Breton with ‘Dear Father’. Laura has courted controversy for expressing some homophobic comments earlier in the week. Coming third was another controversial addition to the competition Bella Santiago. Her last minute addition saw former Eurovision singer MIHAI withdraw from the selection show due to a lack of transparency from the organisers.
The full results of tonight’s final is below:
- Ester Peony- ‘On a Sunday’ (65 points)
- Laura Bretan- ‘Dear Father’ (60 points)
- Bella Santiago- ‘Army of Love’ (58 points)
- Linda Teodosiu- ‘Renegades’ (42 points)
- Letiția Moisescu and Sensibil Balkan- ‘Daina’ (40 points)
- Vaida- ‘Underground’ (35 points)
- Trooper- ‘Destin’ (29 points)
- Olivier Kaye- ‘Right Now’ (27 points)
- Claudiu Mirea- ‘We Are the Ones’ (19 points)
- Aldo Blaga- ‘Your Journey’ (14 points)
- Dya and Lucian Colareza- ‘Without You (Sin ti)’ (10 points)
- Teodora Dinu- ‘Skyscraper’ (7 points)
Listen to the winning song here: