Srbuk is the Armenian choice for Eurovision 2019. Get to know the singer better with 10 Things About…Srbuk!
1. Srbuhi Sargsyan was born on 3 April 1994. The Armenian singer is known professionally as Srbuk.
2. She has been studying music since her early childhood.
3. Srbuk rose to prominence on the inaugural season of hit TV show ‘X Factor Armenia’ in 2011.
4. Shortly after ‘X Factor Armenia’ came to an end, Srbuk began playing small local concerts together with her band. Focusing mainly on covers of American songbook standards, Jazz, Soul, R&B and Contemporary Pop, they quickly developed a strong following.
5. Srbuk has become one of the most popular musical acts in Armenia, constantly taking part in music festivals, televised programs and public events. Over time, Srbuk began developing her own unique artistic style, drawing from her influences which encompassed a wide range of musical styles and heroes.
6.Her influences range from legendary and classic vocalists such as Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Ella Fitzgerald, to the soul and R&B influences of artists and performers like Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Michael Jackson.
7. All of these influences and experiences have culminated into her debut single as a solo artist titled ‘Yete Karogh Es’ which was on top of the Armenian charts for a number of weeks.
8. In 2018, Srbuk returned to TV Talent Shows when she participated in ‘The Voice: Ukraine’ where she reached the final and became one of the most popular contestants.
9. Following her success on the show she released her latest single ‘Half a Goddess’.
10. In 2018, Armenian broadcaster AMPTV announced that Sbruk would represent them at Eurovision 2019. She was the first announced to be announced this year. A few months later she revealed that she would sing the song ‘Walking Out’ and the official music video debuted shortly thereafter.