Tonight France launched their bid to win Eurovision 2019 when they aired the first of their Destination Eurovision shows. Nine acts competed in this the first semi final, but only four could make it through to the final in a fortnight’s time. The results were decided by an international jury made up of jurors from Israel, Armenia, UK, Serbia and Portugal as well as the public vote. Unlike last year, the french jury in the studio made up of Vitaa, Christophe Willem and Andre Manoukian had no say in the outcome of the results.
The four successful acts were Bilal Hassani, Chimène Badi, Silvàn Areg and Aysat. Meanwhile Lautner, Mazy, Battista Acquaviva, Florina and Naestro have been eliminated from the competition. The full results are below.
1. Bilal Hassani- ‘Roi’ 115 points (12,12,10,12,12,57)
2. Chimène Badi- ‘La Haut’ 66 points (8,0,6,2,6,44)
3. Silvàn Areg- ‘Le Petit Nicolas’ 59 points (0,6,12,10,10,21)
4. Aysat- ‘Comme Une Grande’ 40 points (0,10,8,8,8,6)
5. Lautner- ‘J’ai Pas Les Temps’ 35 points (10,8,4,4,0,9)
6. Mazy- ‘Oulala’ 33 points (4,4,0,6,4,15)
7. Battista Acquaviva- ‘Passio’ 31 points (2,0,0,0,0,29)
8. Florina- ‘In the Shadow’ 21 points (0,0,0,0,0,21)
9. Naestro- ‘Le Brasier’ 20 points (6,2,2,0,2,8)
Destination Eurovision will return with the second semi final next Saturday when nine more acts will vie for the remaining four spots in the final.