Ieva Zasimauskaite is Lithuania’s pick for Eurovision 2018. Here is 10 Things About the singer…
1. Ieva Zasimauskaitė is a Lithuanian singer who was born on 2 July 1993 in Kaunas, Lithuania.
2. In 2012 she graduated from Kaunas VDU Rasos Gymnasium in Kalniečiai. From 2012 to June 2015 she completed her Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management at the International University of Law and Economics (TTVAM) in the Lithuanian capital Vilnius. In 2014, Zasimauskaitė spent a semester following the Erasmus Programme in Barcelona, Spain. In the spring of 2015 she completed an internship in a hotel in her hometown Kaunas.
3. Ieva competed in the first series of The Voice of Lithuania (Lietuvos Balsas) in 2012. She was part of Team Egidijus Sipavičius and made it to the final 4 but lost out in the final to Julija Jegorova.
4. Ieva has participated in Eurovisizijos, the lithuanian selection show for Eurovision, five times. The first time was in 2013 when she competed in a duo with Gabreilius. The pair sand the song ‘I Fall in Love’. This placed fifth in the final, losing out to Andrius Pojavis’ ‘Something’.
5. She returned as a solo act a year later in 2014 and her song ‘You Found Me’ was eliminated in show eight, missing out on a place in the final. Lithuania were represented by Villija this year.
6. In 2016 Ieva competed once again finishing fourth in the final of Eurovizijos 2016 with the song ‘Life (Not That Beautiful)’. This year saw Donny Montell win and represent Lithuania for the second time.
7. In 2017 Ieva doubled her efforts entering with two songs. ‘You Saved Me’ was a solo effort and finished eighth in the semi final, missing out on the final. Her second song was a duet with Vidas Bareikis called ‘I Love My Phone’. This song only managed ninth in heat six and was eliminated from the contest.
8. In 2017 Ieva and Vidas’s song ‘I Love My Phone’ was one of twelve songs nominated in the category of Best Song From Selection Shows at the Eurovision NI Awards 2017. The song lost out to Ace Wilder’s ‘Wild Child’ from Sweden.
9. Ieva entered Eurovizijos for the fifth time in 2018 with the song ‘When We’re Old’. She had better success this time round as the song sailed through the heats and semi final rounds giving her a place in the final. The song did well in the televote receiving over 20,000 votes and was awarded 12 points. This was added to the jury score of ten to give her a total of 22 points out of a possible 24 points. She was declared the winner and will go on to represent Lithuania at Eurovision 2018.
10. ‘When We’re Old’ was written by Vytautas Biku and is a love song about two people falling in love from first sight and wanting to grow old together.
Check out the song here: