DoReDos will take the helm for Moldova at Eurovision 2018. They will perform the song ‘My Lucky Day’. Learn more about the band with our 10 Things About…
1. DoReDos are a trio from Rîbnița in the Transnistria region of Moldova.
2. They were formed in 2011 and perform folk, pop and dance songs.
3. The group consists of the vocalists Marina Djundiet, Eugeniu Andrianov and Sergiu Mita.
4. The band have competed in the Moldovan national selection process in both 2015 and 2016.
5. In 2015 their song ‘Maricica’ finished sixth missing out to Eduard Romanyuta’s ‘I Want Your Love’.
6. Meanwhile in 2016 their song ‘FunnyFolk’ improved on their track record giving them a fourth place finish but this time losing out to Lidia Isac’s ‘Falling Stars’.
7. In 2017 the band won the New Wave 2017 award for Moldova.
8. After a year’s break from the Moldovan national final, the band returned in 2018 with their song ‘My Lucky Day’. The song impressed both juries and televoters and received a maximum of 12 points from each and a total of 24 points overall.
9. Their song is written by John Ballard (Ace of Base, Sergey Lazarev, Demy, Farid Mammadov and the Tolmachevy Sisters) and Philipp Kirkorov (Dmitry Koldun and Ani Lorak).
10. The staging for ‘My Lucky Day’ features elaborate choreography with a number of reflective boxes which will they hope will add value to their performance and allow them to improve upon their best result to date at Eurovision (third place achieved by Sunstroke Project last year).