Hungary continued the search for their Eurovision 2018 participant tonight with the third heat of their selection show A Dal. Ten songs competed for six spots in the next round. Read on to find out who made it!
The voting took place over two rounds. The first round of voting saw five acts qualify based on a combination of scores from each judge and an aggregate score from a viewer vote based on scores submitted through SMS, mobile app and online voting. In the second round of voting, the remaining five entries that were not in the initial top five face a public vote in order to determine one additional qualifier.
Qualifying from the first round were Nikoletta Szoke, Attila Kökény and Róbert Szakcsi Lakatos, Tamás Horváth, Maszkura és a tücsökraj, Ham ko Ham, Cintia Horváth & Tomi Balogh. While Roland Guylas advanced from the second round of votes. Reni Tolvai, Nova Project, #yeahla feat. Viki Eszes and Andy Roll have been eliminated. The full results are below:
1. Nikoletta Szoke, Attila Kökény and Róbert Szakcsi Lakatos – ‘Életre kel’ (44 points)
2. Tamás Horváth – ‘Meggyf’ (42 points)
3. Maszkura és a tücsökraj – ‘Nagybetus szavak’ (38 points)
4. Ham ko Ham – ‘Bármerre jársz’ (38 points)
5. Cintia Horváth & Tomi Balogh – ‘Journey (Break Your Chains)’ (37 points)
6. Nova Prospect – ‘Vigyázó’ (37 points)
7. Reni Tolvai – ‘Crack My Code’ (37 points)
8. #yeahla feat. Viki Eszes – ‘1 Szó Mint 100’ (35 points)
9. Roland Gulyás – ‘H Y P N O T I Z E D’ (35 points)
10. Andy Roll – ‘Turn the Lights On’ (33 points)
These six acts have advanced to the next round along with the six from the first heat and the six from the second heat. The competition will continue next weekend when it moves to the semi final stages!