Hungary began the search for the Eurovision 2018 participant tonight with the first heat of their selection show A Dal. Ten songs competed for six spots in the next round. Read on to find out who made it!
The voting took place over two rounds. The first round of voting saw five acts qualify based on a combination of scores from each judge and an aggregate score from a viewer vote based on scores submitted through SMS, mobile app and online voting. In the second round of voting, the remaining five entries that were not in the initial top five face a public vote in order to determine one additional qualifier.
Qualifying from the first round were Leander Kills, Zsolt Sule, Viktor Kiraly, Ceasefire X and Gabi Knoll. While Tamas Vastag advanced from the second round of votes. Noemo, Living Room, Fourtissimo and Patikadomb have been eliminated. The full results are below:
1. Leander Kills- ‘Nem szól haran’ (44 points)
2. Zsolt Süle- ‘Zöld a május’ (44 points)
3. Viktor Király- ‘Budapest Girl’ (43 points)
4. Ceasefire X- ‘Satellites’ (41 points)
5. Gabi Knoll- ‘Nobody to Die For’ (40 points)
6. Noémo- ‘Levegőt!’ (39 points)
7. Living Room- ‘Kirakat élet’ (36 points)
8. Tamás Vastag- ‘Ne hagyj reményt’ (36 points)
9. Fourtissimo feat. Markanera- ‘Kisnyuszi a kalapban’ (33 points)
10. Patikadomb- ‘Jó szelet!’ (33 points)
The competition will continue next weekend when ten more acts will be vying for the six spots in the next round.