Ilinca and Alex Florea will represent Romania at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest where the duo will sing the song ‘Yodel It!’ In Kiev in May. Get to know the pair better with our feature article 10 Things About…Ilinca ft Alex Florea!
1. Alex Florea is a Romanian singer best known for appearing on the fifth season of the Romanian version of TV talent show The Voice.
2. Two of the mentors turned for Alex Florea but he chose to join team Marius Moga.
3. He sang songs such as ‘Bed of Roses’, ‘Crazy’ and ‘I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)’.
4. He reached the semi final round, narrowly missing out on the live final of the show.
5. He will team up with Ilinca Băcilă, an 18-year-old Romanian singer, who also rose to fame after competing on the Voice (Season 4).
6. Ilinca joined Loredana Groza’s team after her performance of ‘I Want To Be A Cowboy’s Sweetheart’ by Patsy Montana. Two other mentors turned for her.
7. Ilinca performed other songs such as ‘Counting Stars’ and ‘It’s So Quiet’. She, like Alex Florea, ultimately made it to the semi final round of the contest.
8. The singer is well known for her unique yodelling which is reflected in the Eurovision song ‘Yodel It’ composed and written by Mihai Alexandr and Alexandra Niculae.
9. Ilinca also competed in the second season of Românii au talent (Romania’s Got Talent) and for the third season of X Factor with Trupa Quattro.
10. The show, Selecția Națională 2017, was organised by Romanian public broadcaster Televiziunea Română which involved a a semi-final and a grand final on February 26, 2017. Ilinca and Alex Florea received the highest score from the public vote, receiving almost double the votes of the second place contestant.