More selection shows and song announcements! Find out all the latest news that happened in the land of Eurovision this week!
1. The duo of Koit Toome and Laura will sing ‘Verona’ for Estonia at Eurovision 2017 following a triumphant win at Eesti Laul last night! Full story>>>
2. They knocked out Elina Born who represented Estonia in 2015 with Stig Rasta who wrote her 2017 song ‘In or Out’.
3. Joining them on the Eurovision stage in Kiev will be the Portuguese entry Salvador Sobral who will compete with song ‘Amar pelos dois’ after having been voted the winner of Festival de Cancao earlier this evening. Full story>>>
4. Completing our hat trick of national final announcements this week is Romania, who have selected ‘Yodel It!’ as their Eurovision song. It will be performed by Ilinca and Alex Florea. Full story>>>
5. Eight acts who missed out on qualifying directly for the final of Melodifestivalen from their semi finals were given a second chance in last night’s show. Four acts join the eight finalists. Full story>>>
6. The biggest shock of the Eurovision season came when 2012 Eurovision champ Loreen failed to qualify for the final of Melodifestivalen when she lost her Second Chance battle to Anton Hagman.
7. The second of Iceland’s Songvakeppnin semi finals took place last night with three more acts advancing to the final. Full story>>>
8. Lithuania this week confirmed the six acts that will contest the final of Eurovizijos 2017. Find out who made the cut here>>>
9. Following the announcement of the finalists, Lithuanian broadcaster LTV extended one final place to one of the previously eliminated contestants. The public will vote for their favourite of six acts chosen by the broadcaster and the winner will join the finalists to compete on Saturday.
10. Dutch trio O’G3NE were announced as the Eurovision act for the Netherlands back in December, but this week they finally revealed their song with accompanying music video ‘Lights and Shadows’. Full story>>>
11. Another song reveal this week came from Croatia’s Jacques Houdek. Check out ‘My Friend’ here>>>
12. Serbia joined the ever expanding list of Eurovision countries to pick their act this week. Tijana Bogicevic was chosen through an internal selection process. Find out more here>>>
13. Another artist who we have waited for a song reveal from for quite some time was Cyprus’s Hovig. He unveiled the video for his Eurovision 2017 song ‘Gravity’ this week. Full story>>>
14. Ukraine are putting in place some of the big plans for this year’s contest and this week we found out that the shows will be presented by an all male trio for the first time. Full story>>>
15. We now have a total of 25 songs confirmed for Eurovision 2017. Check them all out and see which is our favourites so far with our top 25 ranking>>>
Check back next week when we will have even more Eurovision news to share including major announcements from Australia, Greece, Sweden, Iceland, Belgium, Lithuania and many many more.