Tijana Bogicevic will represent Serbia at Eurovision 2017 with an as of yet to be determined song. We get to know the singer a bit better with 10 Things About…Tijana Bogicevic!
1. Tijana Bogićević is a Serbian singer who was born 1 November 1981 in Novi Sad.
2. She currently lives in the United States.
3. From an early age Tijana showed a remarkable aptitude for music and later decided to focus on it as a viable career .
4. At the beginning of her professional musical career in 2001 she met Vlado Georgiev and later sang backing vocals in his band.
5. She will represent Serbia at Eurovision 2017, but this is not her first appearance at Eurovision, she was previously a backing vocalist for Nina at the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 on the song finishing 14th with ‘Čaroban’.
6. She has previously attempted to represent Serbia as a solo artist in 2009 but her song ‘Pazi Šta Radiš’ (Watch What You’re Doing) did not advance past the semi-final stage of the national selection show Beovizija 2009.
7. Bogićević first achieved major recognition in Serbia in 2013, after the release of her single ‘Čudo’. Since then she has released the song ‘Tijanina’ as well as a duet with Aleksa Jelić, ‘Jos jednom’ (I Dig You).
8. Tijana cites her main influences as being 80s pop, R’n’B, Soul and Rhythm’n’Blues, while her favourite artists are Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Prince, Whitney Houston, Chaka Khan, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones.
9. Tijana’s song for 2017 has been written by the experienced and successful songwriting team; Borislav Milanov, Bo Persson, Johan Alkenas and Lisa Ann-Mari Linder.
10. This is the same team that wrote Conchita Wurst’s 2014 winning song ‘Rise Like A Phoenix’ and just last year they were part of Poli Genova’s team of authors for ‘If Love Was A Crime’ which finished fourth for Bulgaria.
Check out some of Tijana’s past hits in our YouTube playlist: