It’s been another jumbo week for Eurovision selection shows and other Eurovision news this week! With five national finals taking place, find out how they all panned out!
1. Anja Nissen will represent Denmark at Eurovision 2017. Their song ‘Where I Am’ came out on top in the Danish selection show Dansk Melodi Grand Prix. They will be hoping to improve on Denmark’s poor Eurovision track record of late. Full story>>>
2. Slovenia also staged their national final EMA 2017 last night, opting for ‘On My Way’ which will see Omar Naber return to Eurovision. Full story>>>
3. Host nation Ukraine will defend their title with O. Torvald’s song ‘Time’. Full story>>>
4. Can Triana Park live up to the high quality entries written by Aminata in the past two years? They won the Latvian selection show Supernova earlier this evening with ‘Line’. Full story>>>
5. Moldova have had an epic Eurovision week. The acts qualifying from the semi final earlier this week competed in last night’s final and will see the return of the SunStroke Project to Eurovision. They will sing ‘Hey Mamma!’ at Eurovision 2017. Full story>>>
6. Portugal’s Festival de Cancao returned with its second episode this week. Four acts will join those from the first semi final in next week’s final. Full story>>>
8. Sweden’s Melfest had its fourth semi final on Saturday evening and all eyes were on 2012 winner Loreen to see if she could make it through to the final. She only managed to make it to next week’s Second Chance show along with Axel Schylstrom, while Wiktoria and Jon Henrik Fjallgren feat Anina qualified to the final directly. Full story>>>
9. Speaking of that all important Second Chance show, we also found out last night which songs would battle each other in the duels. Find out who’ll take on who here>>>
9. Iceland’s national selection show Songvakeppnin kicked off in style this week. Six acts took to the stage and battled it out for the three slots in the final. Find out who made the cut here>>>
10. Yes, Lithuania still haven’t chosen their Eurovision 2017 song despite eight weeks of shows. They have however whittled the field down to eight songs that will compete in next week’s semi final. Find out who made the cut here>>>
11. Romania kicked off their quest for Eurovision domination in 2017 tonight with their semi final. Find out which ten acts advanced to the final next week here>>>
12. Last week Jacques Houdek was chosen to represent Croatia and this week he revealed that his song would be entitled ‘My Friend’ and unveiled a short snippet of the song. Listen here>>>
13. The Czech entry for 2017 followed in the footsteps of Jacques also revealing her song would be called ‘My Turn’ and revealing a snippet as well. Listen here>>>
14. As we await the revelation of the Austrian song this week, Nathan Trent told us that his song will be called “Running On Air’.
15. We now have a total of 17 songs for Eurovision 2017. We have ranked our favourites with Sunstroke Project now on top. Find out the full list here>>>
Check back next week when we will have even more Eurovision news to share!