Sweden’s Melodifestivalen, which decides the nation’s Eurovision 2017 song, continued with the fourth and final semi final heat live from from Skellefteå this evening. Two acts made it directly to the final on 11th March while the songs in third and fourth place will compete again in the Second Chance show next weekend. Read on to find out who made it.
Melfest’s fourth show was again presented by trio Hasse Andersson, David Lindgren and Clara Henry who opened the show with another parody musical number. Following this we got the competing performances which included Melfest favourites Jon Henrik Fjallgren, Wiktoria, as well as Melfest 2012 winner Loreen, Idol finalist Alice and newcomers to Melfest Axel Schylstrom, Les Gordons, Sara Varga and Juha Mulari.
Advancing directly to the final were Wiktoria with song ‘As I Lay Me Down’ and Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia who qualified with ‘En värld full av strider (Vearelde gusnie jeenh vigkieh)’.
Meanwhile the two songs that will compete again in the second chance show are Axel’Schylström’s ‘När ingen ser’ and ‘Statements’ by Loreen.
Show 4 Results- Skellefteå 25th Feb
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia ‘En värld full av strider (Vearelde gusnie jeenh vigkieh)’ (qualified directly)
- Alice ‘Running with Lions’ (eliminated)
- Les Gordons ‘Bound to Fall’ (eliminated)
- Wiktoria ‘As I Lay Me Down’ (qualified directly)
- Axel Schylström ‘När ingen ser’ (Second chance)
- Sara Varga and Juha Mulari ‘Du får inte ändra på mig’ (Eliminated)
- Loreen ‘Statements’ (Second chance)
We now have the final line up for next week’s Second Chance Show which will see the competitors do battle for the remaining spots in the final.