Imri Ziv was selected by Israel to represent them at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2017. While we await the announcement of the song he will sing in Kiev, we get to know him a little better with our feature 10 Things About…Imri Ziv!
1. Imri Ziv is a 25 year old Israeli singer and voice over actor, born in Hod HaSharon.
2. He is of Romanian-Jewish descent.
3. His love of music began at a very young age. While at high school he was part of a boyband. and while doing his obligatory military service, he practiced in a musical band of the Education and Youth Corps Unit of the Israel Defense Forces.
3. His education continued when he studied Communication Sciences at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya.
4. Imri performed as a backing vocalist in Israel’s Eurovision Song Contest 2015 and 2016 entries for Nadav Guedj and Hovi Star respectively. On both occasions the songs qualified from the semi-final and finished 9th and 14th respectively.
5. Imri competed in the first season of talent show ‘The Voice’ in 2012. Two of the four judges turned their chairs for his performance and he joined Rami Kleinstein’s team. He made it as far as the battle rounds.
6. Along with his fellow competitors, he sang in a promotional video for the IDF in 2012.
7. Imri returned to reality singing competition in 2017, competing in the Israeli Eurovision selection show ‘Israel’s Rising Star’. He got off to a great start gaining 93% on his first performance.
8. His song choices throughout the contest included Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Because of You’, Beyonce’s ‘Halo’ and Rihanna’s ‘Rude Boy’. He made it all the way to the grand final and was declared the winner ahead of competitors Julieta, Beatbox Connection and Diana Golbi.
9. In 2016, he performed voice over in Hebrew for the 3D animated film ‘Trolls’.
10. Following his win at Israel’s Rising Star, Imri said:
“I’m excited to go to Eurovision for the third time, this time in front of the stage.Thanks for making my biggest dream come true.”
Check out our playlist of some of Imri Ziv’s previous performances;