We’ve had national selection shows coming out our ears this week, with no fewer than nine countries on the schedule. Find out the results and all the other Eurovision gossip in our news round up for the week!
1. We’ve had two months’ worth of A Dal shows to keeps us occupied all through winter, but the Hungarian national selection process came to a close this evening when Joci Papai was crowned the winning act with song ‘Origo’. Full story>>>
2. MESC 2017 is Malta’s selection show and following an announcement last month that whatever song wins the MESC competition will be unchanged and will be the official Eurovision song for Malta in 2017, we can reveal that that honour will go to ‘Breathlessly’ and will be performed by Claudia Faniello. Full story>>>
3. Israel’s Rising Star concluded this week, with the nation choosing Imri Ziv as their act for 2017. Full story>>>
4. Portugal kicked off their Eurovision 2017 bid earlier this evening when they launched their national selection show Festival de Cancao. Find out who advanced to the final which will take place in a fortnight’s time. Full story>>>
5. Slovenia’s EMA selection show also launched this week with both the semi finals taking place. Find out which acts will compete in next week’s final>>>
6. Show 3 of Sweden’s Melfest took place on Saturday night. The two acts who qualified directly for the final are Owe Thornqvist and Robin Bengtson, while FO&O and Anton Hagman will be given a second chance shot. Full story>>>
7. Estonia’s competition Eesti Laul also continued this weekend with the second semi final. Find out which talented acts made it through to next week’s final. Full story>>>
8. Latvia’s Supernova aired its third show, the semi final and we now have a full line up for the final next week. Find out who made the cut here>>>
9. Ukraine’s Eurovision delegation received the shocking news that over 20 members of staff including two of the executive producers resigned this week due to budgetary issues and an inability of the broadcaster to allow them to get on with their jobs. Full story>>>
10. Meanwhile the show must go on and the Ukraine artist selection continued with the last of their semi final shows on saturday. O. Torvald and Melovin join the other four acts in next week’s final. Full story>>>
11. Poland also chose their artist and song for Eurovision 2017. Following their national selection show, Kasia Mos will sing ‘Flashlight’. Full story>>>
12. Lithuania’s marathon national selection process Eurovizijos 2017 had its seventh show which saw four acts make it through to the final show including Sasha Song, Greta Zazza, Ieva Zasimauskaitė and Aiste Pilvelytė. Full story>>>
13. Following an official announcement from national broadcaster, Croatia will be represented by the Voice of Croatia coach Jacques Houdek at Eurovision 2017. Full story>>>
14. Czech Republic have also chosen their artist through an internal selection process. They will be represented by singer Martina Barta. Full story>>>
15. Finally a few as a few more nation’s selection shows get into full swing, we got some song previews and running orders for the shows taking place over the next few weeks including Norway, Moldova, and Romania.
Check back next week when we will have even more Eurovision news to share!