Levina has been chosen to represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2017 when she won the Unser Song Final with song ‘Perfect Life’. We take a closer look at the artist’s career with our feature 10 Things About…Levina!
1. Levina is a German singer born in Bonn and raised in Chemnitz.
2. Her full name is Isabella Lueen Folgen, but she goes by the stage name Levina.
3. Levina attended the Dr.Wilhelm-André-Gymnasium, and graduated with an International Baccalaureate degree.
4. From there she moved to London where she earned her Bachelor’s degree from King’s College London.
5. Levina currently splits her time between Berlin and London, where she studies Music Management at the London College of Music.
6. She sings, plays keyboards and also composes songs, usually pop ballads.
7. Levina played leading parts in two successful German musicals including ‘Drei Wünsche Frei’ which premiered at the renowned Semper Opera House in Dresden.
8. In her spare time Levina likes to snowboard.
9. In London, Levina founded a band called Miss Terry Blue while she was studying, however the band soon split to allow Levina to focus on a solo career. She released her first solo song was entitled ‘How to Dance’ in 2015.
10. Levina’s favourite Eurovision artists are ABBA and German singers Stefan Raab and Lena Meyer-Landrut! Other artists that she admires include Xavier Naidoo, Max Herre, Adele, Coldplay and Amy Winehouse.
Listen to some of Levina’s past performances with our YouTube playlist: