Artsvik was chosen to represent Armenia at Eurovision 2017 when she won the national final Depi Evratesil in December. Learn more about her in our 10 Things About…Artsvik feature.
1. Artsvik (full name Artsvik Harutyunyan) is a 32 year old Armenian singer/songwriter and born in Kapan in the former soviet republic of Armenia.
2. She specialises in the genres of Pop, R n B and soul.
3. Artsvik was chosen to represent Armenia at Eurovision 2017 after she won the marathon selection show Depi Evratesil.
4. Artsvik was chosen by Genealogy member Essai Altounian and triumphed over finalist Marta with 71% of the total vote (a combination of international jury and public vote).
5. During the competition Artsvik covered a number of current hits including Whitney Houston’s ‘I Have Nothing’, ‘Crazy’ by Gnarls Barkley, and Christina Aguilera’s ‘Hurt’.
6. She also showed her passion for Eurovision when she also covered Russian singer Polina Gagarina’s 2015 song ‘A Million Voices’.
7. Prior to competing in Depi Evratesil Artsvik took part in the second series of the Russian version of the Voice (Golos). She was chosen by mentor Pelageya, however she was eliminated in the battle rounds.
8. While competing in Depi Evratesil, Artsvik received the support of her former Golos mentor Pelageya and also the seal of approval from Polina Gagarina.
9. As well as singing, Artsvik also likes to model the latest fashions including this stylish red coat and hat.
10. She is also pretty in pink:
Check out some of Artsvik’s past performances in our YouTube playlist: