Two acts who were set to compete in the Moldovan national semi final contest on 24th February have been forced to withdraw, due to breaches of the rules.
Irina Kit who was set to try out for Moldova with song ‘Baby Don’t Cry’ has withdrawn. The singer has given no reason for the withdrawal, but it is believed that it is due to allegations of song plagiarism. The singer had previously taken to social media to apologise for similarities between the Eurovision song and singer Akon’s hit ‘Bonanza (Belly Dancer)’. Samir Loghin will replace Irina with ‘Glow’.
Meanwhile it has also been revealed this week that a second contender Cobilea Constantin has also withdrawn from the contest due to the fact that his song ‘Mama’ had been publicly available before the September 1st eligibility date. Taking his place will be Nadia Moșneagu competing with song ‘Never Give Up On Us’.
The revised list of the 14 acts competing in the Moldovan semi final on 24th February are:
- Big Flash Sound- ‘Logic’
- Boris Covali- ‘Călător’ (Traveller)
- Chirtoacă Aurel- ‘Dor de mamă’ (Longing for Mother)
Cobîlea Constantin- ‘Mama’
- Diana Brescan- ‘Breath’
- Ethno Republic & Surorile Osoianu- ‘Discover Moldova’
Irina Kit- ‘Baby Don’t Cry’
- Marks & Stefanet- ‘Join Us in the Rain’
- Nadia Moșneagu- ‘Never Give Up On Us’
- Russu Emilia- ‘If Only You’
- Samir Loghin- ‘Glow’
- Sandy C- ‘A Beautiful World’
- SunStroke Project- ‘Hey Mamma’
- The One- ‘Dance’
- Valeria Paşa- ‘Freedom’
- Vozniuc feat. Vio Grecu- ‘Don’t Lie’
The acts who advance to the final will compete on the following night on 25th February with the winner going on to represent the nation at Eurovision 2017.