Slavko Kalezic is Montengro’s 2017 Eurovision artist. Find out a little bit more about him.
1. Slavko Kalezic is a 31 year old Montenegrin singer/songwriter born in Titograd who specialises in the genres of pop music, R n B and soul.
2. As well as singing, he also has a passion for acting, having studied at the Academy of Performing Arts at Cetinje, Montenegro. He has not only starred in a number of films and stage shows but has also been a part of the ensemble of the Montenegrin State Theater.
3. As well as Montenegrin, Slavko is also fluent in English, French and Spanish.
4. In 2011, Slavko released his debut single ‘Muza’.
5. He made more of a name for himself following his participation in the first series of X-Factor Adria (which takes in Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia and Macedonia) in 2013. During his first audition he sang ‘End of Time’ by Beyonce, which was well received and secured him a place in the Boot Camp rounds.
6. Competing in the ‘Over 27’ category and mentored by Željko Joksimović, Slavko went on to sing songs such as ‘Get Lucky’ by Daft Punk and Jamiroquai’s ‘Cosmic Girl’ and although he advanced to judges houses, he didn’t progress to the live shows. He has also returned to X-Factor Adria to host an episode.
7. Since competing in the show, Slavko has gone on to release two albums including the 2014 ‘San o vječnostia’ which included the hit singles ‘Krivac’, ‘Kraj’ and collaboration with Neda Papovic ‘Borim se’. His English language songs have included the 2015 release ‘Feel the Love’ as well as tracks ‘Culprit’ and ‘Freedom’.
8. As well as singing and acting Slavko is also a Drag Queen.
9. Slavko admitted that he was not Montenegro’s first choice. The nation had chosen another artist internally but they turned down the opportunity.
10. His Eurovision song will be called ‘Space’ and he has teased the song here. The final version will be made available in full on 20th March. Until then you can check out our YouTube playlist of his past hits.