Last night the Icelandic broadcaster RUV revealed the 12 acts and songs that will compete in this year’s Songvakeppnin, which acts as the nation’s selection show for the Eurovision Song Contest.
The selection process is much the same as in previous years with the twelve songs split over two semi finals. This year these will be broadcast on 25th February and 4th March. Six songs will battle it out for the three qualifying slots in each semi final, with the top six songs advancing to the Final which will be held on 11th March. This will be decided by a 50/50 jury vote and public vote.
Iceland haven’t qualified for the final of Eurovision in the last two attempts and so they will be hoping to return to form in 2017.
Songvakeppnin 2017 Acts and Songs:
- Arnar Jónsson & Rakel Pálsdóttir- ‘Til mín’ (Again)
- Aron Brink- ‘Þú hefur dáleitt mig’ (Hypnotised)
- Aron Hannes- ‘Nótt’ (Tonight)
- Daði Freyr Pétursson- ‘Hvað með það?’ (Is This Love?)
- Erna Mist- ‘Skuggamynd’ (I’ll be gone)
- Hildur- Bammbaramm
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir- ‘Heim til þín’ (Get Back Home)
- Linda Hartmanns- ‘Ástfangin’ (Obvious Love)
- Páll Rósinkranz & Kristina Bærendsen-‘Þú og ég’ (You and I)
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson ‘Mér við hlið’ (Make your way back home)
- Sólveig Ásgeirsdóttir- ‘Treystu á mig’ (Trust in Me)
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir- ‘Ég veit það’ (Paper)
You can listen to all the songs in our YouTube Playlist and vote for your favourite in our poll.