It’s been a busy week for Eurovision. Read on to read our recap of all the news, gossip and national finals activity that occurred this week!
1. Belarus have chosen NAVI BAND as their Eurovision representative for 2017. They will sing their song ‘Story of My Life’ in Kiev. Full story>>>
2. Georgia picked Tako Gachechiladze and ‘Keep the Faith’ for Eurovision 2017. Full story>>>
3. Iceland announced their plans for Eurovision 2017. The twelve acts competing in this year’s Songvakeppnin were announced on Friday. See the line up here>>>
4. Denmark also got in on the act. The ten acts competing in this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix are all so acts and were announced this week. Check them out here>>>
5. Hungary’s A DAL show 2 was postponed this week following the unfortunate news that a bus crash in Verona resulted in the death of a number of Hungarian school children and a day of national mourning. The show is expected to take place mid week.
6. Israel’s Rising Star show 4 saw five acts qualify for the next round including Chen Maximov and Ron Bohbot who received 84% and 82% respectively. Full story>>>
7. The third show in Lithuania’s selection show Eurovizijos took place last night, with six more acts advancing to the next stage of the competition, including the winner of this heat Greta Zazza. Full story>>>
8. Ukraine revealed the 24 acts that would compete in their national selection show. Full story>>>
9. German national finalist SADI withdrew from Unser Song this week and will be replaced by Yosefin Buohler. Full story>>>
10. 14 acts will compete in Moldova’s national selection competition which will take place over a semi final on 24th February and the final the next day. Full story>>>
11. Irish Eurovision singer Niamh Kavanagh revealed this week that she fears that she could lose her voice permanently. The news of the singer’s health scare is down to an enlarged thyroid, for which Niamh will undergo an operation later this month.
12. While we await the news tomorrow of which acts will compete in the UK’s selection show You Decide, this week it was announced that Sophie Ellis Bextor, Strictly’s Bruno Tonioli and Cece Sammy will serve on the jury panel.
13. Portugal announced the acts that would compete in the first of their semi final shows for Festival da Cancao. Full story>>>
14. As Loreen begins her preparation to return to Sweden’s Melodifestivalen next month, this week she performed at a cancer charity event when she covered ‘Up Where We Belong’. Check out her rendition.
15. Dutch Eurovision stars the Common Linnets and Douwe Bob appeared alongside a host of other stars to pay tribute to the Beatles at the Netherlands’ Amstell Festival. Full story>>>
Check back next week when we will have even more Eurovision news to share!