It’s been a busy week for Eurovision. Read on to read our recap of all the news, gossip and national finals activity that occurred this week!
1. Israel’s national selection show ‘Israel’s Rising Star’ continued this week with the third of its heats. Joining the nine acts who qualified from shows one and two are Yosef Gal, Helen, Yonit Zaidenberg, Yona Shabin and Julietta. Full story>>>
2. Spain named LeKlein as their wildcard eurocasting artist who will join the other five internally selected acts in the final of Objetivo Eurovision. Full Story>>>
3. Latvia revealed the acts who will battle it out in the 2017 edition of Supernova, the Latvian Eurovision selection show. Among the contenders are returning acts Markus Riva and My Radiant You. Absent from proceedings was an expected submission from Aminata. Full story>>>
4. The first of Hungary’s A Dal heats took place on Saturday. Six acts have advanced to the next round including Roma Soul, Leander Kills, Spoon 21 and David Henderson. Full story>>>
5. The second of Lithuania’s Eurovizijos shows also took place this weekend. Another six acts made it through to the next round. This includes Mia who finished first overall. Full story>>>
6. Sweden revealed the song titles and the running order for the 2017 Melodifestivalen contest, with Loreen getting the prime slot of performing last in the fourth semi final. Full story>>>
7. Meanwhile Samir Badran, part of melfest faves Samir och Viktor, has released his first music video without Viktor.
8. Jedward have been causing trouble for their fellow celebrity housemates in Celebrity Big Brother. The twins have been getting on Jamie O’Hara’s nerves in particular, who was quick to brand the pair ‘the biggest joke I have ever seen in my life!’
9. Rumours from the Russian camp suggest that we could be as close as a week away from their Eurovision 2017 artist announcement. Among the rumoured acts are Golos runner up Aleksander Panayotov and a possible return to Eurovision for Sergey Lazarev.
10. Following weeks of rumours and misinformation, it was confirmed this week that Demy will indeed represent Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest. Full Story>>>
11. This week a petition for Lazy Town star Karl Stefanson (aka Robbie Rotten) to represent Iceland at Eurovision gained 10,000 signatures. The actor and singer is currently undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer.
12. Germany unveiled the five acts that will compete in Unser Song 2017. Find out who they are with the full story>>>
13. International stars Ricky Martin, Mika and Rag’n’Bone Man have been announced as the special guest performers at Italy’s Sanremo Festival.
14. Although no artists have been announced, this week Czech broadcaster said that they have whittled their Eurovision hopefuls down to just five acts.
15. Hovig, Cyprus’ pick for Eurovision 2017 treated us to a cover of Beyonce’s 2016 hit ‘Running’.
Check back next week when we will have even more Eurovision news to share!