Latvian broadcaster LTV announced in a press conference this morning which acts and artists will compete in the 2017 edition of Supernova, the show they use to select their Eurovision entry.
The contest will be held over six shows this year. The first two shows to be aired on 22nd and 29th January will act as an introduction show to showcase the singers and songs to the voting public. Then in the following two weeks on 5th and 12th February, the contestants will compete in the two heats. Four acts from each heat will advance to the semi final to be held on 19th February. Finally the top four acts from the semi final will make it through to compete in the final on 26th February.
The line up for 2017 includes Marcus Riva who returns for his fourth year in a row, as well as My Radiant You who competed in 2016 with ‘We Will Be Stars’. One surprise was the omission on the list of two time winner of Supernova Aminata. The singer who not only represented Latvia in 2015 with her song ‘Love Injected’, but returned for Latvia the following year as the songwriter of ‘Heartbeat’ which was performed by Justs, was expected to attempt a Eurovision hat trick in 2017.
Check out the full list of competitors below.
Supernova 2017 Contestants
- Anna Zankovska- ‘Rage Love’
- Crime Sea- ‘Escape’
- Edgars Kreilis- ‘We Are Angels’
- First Question- ‘Naked’
- Franco Franco- ‘Up’
- Katrina Cirule- ‘Blood Runs Quicker’
- Katrine Lukins- ‘Silhouette’
- Laura Lo and Chris Oak- Little Weird’
- Lauris Valters- ‘Magic Years’
- Linda Leen- ‘Who is in Charge?’
- Markus Riva- ‘Dynamite’
- Miks Dukurs- ‘Spiritual Priest’
- Miks Galvanovskis- ‘Runaway’
- My Radiant You- ‘All I Know’
- Pikaso- ‘U (can Keep Your Cools)’
- Rock’n’Berries- ‘Feel the Love’
- Santa Daņeļeviča- ‘Your Breath’
- THE HiQ- ‘Taju ot lyubvi’
- The Ludvig- ‘I’m in Love With You’
- Toms Kalderauskis- ‘We Won’t Back Down’
- Triana Park- ‘Line’
- UP- ‘One by One’
You can listen to all the songs that are currently available on YouTube Playlist. And be sure to vote for your favourite in our poll.