1. All three Baltic state countries chose their Eurovision entry this weekend. Estonia’s Eesti Laul came to a head with the favourites Elina Born and Stig Rasta being chosen to represent Estonia with their song ‘Goodbye to Yesterday’.
2. Lithuania had already chosen their song ‘This Time’ but it was this week that we learned that two of the three finalists would perform the song as a duet in Vienna in May. Mia turned out to be highly unfortunate as her other two competitors Vaidas Baumila and Monika Linkyte were chosen to be Lithuania’s entry.
3. Latvia’s national selection process saw four songs battle it out, but in the end it was Aminata with her song ‘Love Injected’ who would progress to compete at Eurovision in May.
4. Sweden continued with Melodifestivalen and the third heat of the contest. They sent Isa’s ‘Don’t Stop’ and Jon Henrik Fjallgren’s bizarre ‘Jag Ar Fri’ directly through to the Melodifestivalen Final which will join Eric Saade, Jessica Andersson, Mariette and Magnus Carlsson.
6. Finland finalised the acts competing in the UMK national selection final with Solju’s ‘Hold Your Colours’, Järjestyshäiriö’s ‘Särkyneiden sydänten kulmilla’ and Angelo de Nile’s ‘All for Victory’ joining the other six acts.
7. A DAL competition will crown its winner on the 28th Febraury. The eight acts competing to represent Hungary will be Adam Szabo, Spoon, Iv, Passed, Kati Wolf, Boglarka Csemer-Boggie, Zoltan Mujahid and Balint Gajer.
8. Armenia announced the second and third members to join its super group Genealogy. American/Armenian singer songwriter Tamar Kaprelian and Ethiopian-born Vahe Tilbian will join Essai Altounian.
9. This week we learned that Kitty Brucknell is a nervous performer. She took time out from her busy schedule to tweet us, defending her audition to compete to be Moldova’s entry
She will compete in the first of two semi finals in the Moldova selection process tonight. Listen to her song Remix:
10. This week saw Ann Sophie qualify as Germany’s Wildcard selection. She will battle it out against Alexa Feser, Andreas Kümmert, Fahrenhaidt, Faun, Laing, Mrs. Greenbird and Noize Generation in their national final on 5th May.
11. Norway have chosen ten acts to fight it out to represent them at Eurovision this year. The acts include: Alexandra Joner, Contrazt, Erlend Bratland, Ira Konstantinidis, Jenny Langlo, Karin Park, Marie Klåpbakken, Mørland & Debrah Scarlett, Raylee, and Tor & Bettan.
12. Greece’s Eurovision looked uncertain following the country’s financial crisis, hosts of the show pulling out due to contract disputes and a change in broadcaster. This week however the MAD Show will go on and will see five acts battle it out: Thomai Apergi & Legend, Maria Elena Kiriako, Barrice, C：Real and Shaya.
13. Reigning champions Austria have begun their search for a Eurovision entry for 2015 capable of following in the footsteps of Conchita Wurst. The first of four shows took place with six acts advancing: The Makemakes, Rawa, Zoe, Folkshilfe, Celina Ann and Johann Sebastien Bass.
14. It was announced this week that John and Edward Grimes aka Jedward will appear alongside bff Tara Reid in the next sequel to her cult horror/comedy franchise Sharknado. The film produced by TV channel SyFy will make its debut in July this year.
15. Conchita has released new single ‘You Are Unstoppable’ Which you can listen to here.