With Latvia’s ‘Cake to Bake’ eliminated in Semi Final 1, we have to rely on Teo’s ‘Cheesecake’ for our food themed songs as he takes to the stage for Semi Final 2 tonight in Copenhagen. If you’re entertaining, having a party or you just fancy some treats, we have you covered. Check out our recipe for Teo’s Cheesecake below:
400g digestive biscuits
400g cream cheese
150g caster sugar
250ml double cream
1 tsp red food colouring
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Crush the digestive biscuits in a bowl with a rolling pin. Melt the butter on a low heat until fully melted. Add butter to crushed biscuits and mix well. Add the mixture to cheesecake tin, pushing down firmly to create a solid cheesecake base. Refrigerate.
2. Add the cream cheese, double cream and caster sugar to a bowl and mix well, until smooth. Add to this the juice of the two lemons and vanilla extract and stir well.
3. Crush half the raspberries with some sugar in a separate bowl and sieve the juice of the raspberries into your cream cheese mixture. Stir well (it should turn a subtle pink colour). Add the food colouring to give a darker colour to your cheesecake topping, if desired.
4. Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of your biscuit base, spreading it evenly. Add the rest of the raspberries to the top to decorate and leave in the fridge to set. (If you are in a rush, you can put it in the freezer for an hour to make it set quicker.)
5. Eat delicious cheesecake while enjoying the Eurovision Semi Final 2 tonight at 8pm.